<p title="Definition of the endometriosis The treatment for endometriosis is usually done through medications or surgery. The approach that you and your doctor choose dipenderà the severityà of the symptoms and whether you search or not of a pregnancy. In general, doctors recommend to try therapeutic approaches conservative first, opting for surgery as a last resort.
The doctor può advise you to take a pain reliever without a prescription, such as, for example, an anti-inflammatory (NSAID) ibuprofen, non-steroidal or naproxen , to help relieve menstrual cramps painful. However, if you take the maximum dose does not reduce the pain completely, you might need to try another approach to manage the symptoms.
hormones additional are sometimes effective in reducing or eliminating the pain. This is becauseé the rise and fall of hormones during the cycle causes the plants to endometrial to thicken, break and bleed. The drug hormonal can; slow the growth and prevent new implants of endometrial tissue.
However, hormone therapy is not; a permanent solution for endometriosis. It is possible that you may experience a recurrence after treatment discontinuation.
hormone therapy is used to treat endometriosis include:
- the Contraceptives hormonal. The pill, the patch, and the vaginal rings help control the hormones responsible for the buildup of endometrial tissue each month. Most women have a menstrual flow più light and più short, if using a hormonal contraceptive. Using hormonal contraceptives – in particular, in regime a continuous cycle – you canò to reduce or eliminate the pain of mild or moderate endometriosis.
- the Hormone on release of gonadotropins (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists. These medications block the production of hormones that stimulate the ovaries, thereby lowering estrogen levels and preventing menstruation. This means that the endometrial tissue is reduced. Agonists Gn-RH and antagonists can force endometriosis to go into regression during the treatment period and sometimes even months and years after discontinuation. Given that these drugs create a menopausal artificial, taking a low dose of estrogen or progestin along with the agonists Gn-RH can decrease the side effects of menopause such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness and loss of bone tissue. Your menstrual cycles and the ability to become pregnant returns when the medication is stopped.
- the Medroxyprogesterone (Depo-Provera). This injectable drug is effective in stopping menstruation and the growth of plants, endometrial, relieving così the signs and symptoms of endometriosis. Its side effects may include weight gain, reduction of the production of bones, depression and other.
- the Danazol. This medication suppresses the growth of the endometrium by blocking the production of hormones produced by the ovaries, preventing menstruation and the symptoms of endometriosis. However, danazol may not be the first choice of care as you can; cause serious side effects, and può be harmful to the baby in case of pregnancy.
If you have endometriosis and are trying to get pregnant, surgery to remove more endometriosis as possible while preserving the uterus and ovaries (conservative surgery) may increase your probability; of success. Even if you have severe pain caused by endometriosis you can still benefit from surgery, however, endometriosis and pain may remain. The doctor può to do this procedure laparoscopically or by conventional surgery with abdominal in cases più large. In laparoscopy, the doctor inserts an instrument is long and thin with a video camera to remove the endometrial tissue through a small incision.
assisted reproductive technology
assisted reproduction Techniques like in vitro fertilization can help you get pregnant and are sometimes preferable to conservative surgery. Doctors suggest this kind of approach if conservative surgery is ineffective.
In cases more severe the endometriosis the best treatment può be to remove the uterus, cervix and both ovaries (a total hysterectomy). The only hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) is not effective, the estrogen that the ovaries produce can stimulate any endometriosis remaining to cause pain. Hysterectomy is usually considered the last resort, especially for women in età reproductive. You can notò become pregnant after a hysterectomy. Find a doctor with whom you feel comfortable is crucial in the management and treatment of endometriosis. We also recommend that you ask for a second opinion before starting any treatment to make sure you know all of the options and the possible outcomes.
lifestyle and home remedies
If the pain persists or if finding a treatment that works takes time, you can try the remedies made at home to relieve the pain:
- warm Baths and a hot water bottle can help relax pelvic muscles, reducing cramps and pain.
- non-prescription Drugs and nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) such as ibuprofen or naproxen can help relieve the cramps.
- to Make consistent exercise helps to improve the symptoms.
Some women claim that thanks to acupuncture, the pain decreases. However, the research is still poor in argument and in any alternative treatment for endometriosis. If you are interested in pursuing this therapy in the hope that it may help, ask your doctor to recommend an acupuncturist known.
If you are dealing with endometriosis and its complications you can; consider joining a support group for women with problems of fertilityà or endometriosis. Sometimes it helps simply to talk with other women that can understand your feelings, and your experiences. If you can’t find a support group, take a look at the internet.
To deepen the endometrosi:
- Endometriosis: what it is and what are the symptoms
Cancer of the endometrium, giving birth after age 30 lowers the risk
abnormal uterine Bleeding, causes and treatment
ovarian Cysts: causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment
may 4, 2015