Quali sono i sintomi
changes in the normal situation of the pelvic organs, which in medical jargon is called “prolapse” and that può to involve the bladder, urethra, uterus, and the terminal part of the intestine. Disturbance of the urinary tract, such as:
- as The involuntary loss of urine that can; occur when pressure increases in the abdominal (stress urinary incontinence): laugh, cough, jump, run, lift weights, are all actions that exert a sudden thrust on the belly and cause small leaks of urine if the “valve” in the urethra, for a deficit of its muscle fibres and the innervation, is unable to object with sufficient force. This form of incontinence is typical of the female sex, and frequent in women who have given birth.
- The needà to urinate often, more than eight times in 24 hours (frequency), and/or the need urgent and sudden to urinate (urgency) and/or unpredictable leakage of urine, a few drops, small jets, but sometimes real urination (urge urinary incontinence). All these symptoms are included in the framework described as the overactive bladder.
- stress urinary incontinence is associated with symptoms of overactive bladder (urinary incontinence mixed).
- of The difficultyà to completely empty the bladder (urinary retention) with the association, if any, of leaking of urine, especially at night (urinary incontinence regurgitation).
- urinary tract infections (uretrocistiti, pyelonephritis), which can affect pregnant women (5% in The quarter), women in age of childbearing and the menopause, and that can be occasional, but recurring (recurrences and reinfezioni). The classic symptoms reported are: burning of urinary, frequency, urgency, suprapubic pain.
- The “pain of the bladder”, which, associated with symptoms such as frequency, urgency and in the absence of infection può configure the framework of interstitial cystitis.
- inadequate control of the elimination of stool and gas (incontinence anal).
- decreased sexual pleasure, pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia).
Disorders of defecation, such as:
Sexual dysfunction, such as:
A scientific study has shown that urinary incontinence after childbirth, affects 22% of women: of these, 73% became incontinent during pregnancy, 8% were incontinent già before pregnancy, 19% the è become after the accomplishment of the delivery.
‘urinary incontinence after delivery may be transient in 24-30% of cases, but ultimately in 3-10%.
The urinary retention è present in 9-14% of women after spontaneous delivery vaginalincontinence anal is present in the 2 – 4.5% of women after spontaneous delivery vaginal The prevalence of urge urinary incontinence is usually estimated to be between 33 and 61% of women over the age of 65.
In Italy, urge incontinence and mixed incontinence affect, respectively, 12% and 24% of women over 40 years of age, while the frequency of incontinence from stress in women with problems of urinary is of 36.4%.
What to do if you are experiencing any of the symptoms described?
by Services Staff, whenever one chooses of the Division of Uroginecologia of the Unità Operative Obstetrics and Gynaecology, university Hospital G. B. Grassi di Ostia. Prof. Pierluigi ARENAS, Dr. Cosimo OLIVA Dr. ssa Lidia DE SANTIS Ost. Loredana CORTESE Ost. Teresa TODARI Inf. Laura IACOPPINI Inf. Antoinette VALLARELLA