When we worry about breast cancer, we are asked whether there are systems in place to prevent it. Some risk factors cannot be changed, such as family history. Forò, there are styles of life which if adopted can reduce the risk.
What you can do to reduce the risk of breast cancer?
it has been shown by some studies that change life style può to decrease the risk of breast cancer in high-risk women. Here’s how:
- the No Alcohol. Più alcohol is consumed, and the greater is the risk of developing breast cancer. If you decide to drink alcohol (beer, wine, or liquor) moderate your intake to no more than a glass a day.
- the No smoking. This is an indication that is valid for all, even for men. However, in women there are scientific evidences that suggest a link between smoking and increased risk of breast cancer, especially in women of premenopausal.
- the Weight. The overweight or obesityà increase the risk of breast cancer. Thereò è especially true if the obesityà occurs più later in life, particularly after the menopause.
- activitiesà physics. Being physically active helps to maintain a weight in the norm, a condition which in turn helps to prevent breast cancer. In order to understand which activitiesà physics is suggested read more: Exercise for breast cancer
- the breast-feeding. Breastfeeding può to have a role in the prevention of breast cancer. Più longer you breastfeed, the greater is the protective effect.
- the hormone Therapy in menopause. Do the hormone replacement Therapy (Hrt) for più three to five years increases the risk of breast cancer. If you’re doing the Tos for the symptoms of menopause, speak with your doctor for alternatives. The symptoms of menopause can be managed with therapies, non-hormonal, as from the activity; the physical and the power supply. If the doctor decide that the benefits of hormone therapy for the short-term outweigh the risks, use the lowest dose that offers the benefits you expect.
- the Radiation and environmental pollution. The methods of diagnostic imaging, such as computerized tomography, use high doses of radiation, which have been associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. It is preferable to reduce exposure by using these methods only if it is absolutely necessary. Even if they are indispensable for further study, some research suggests a link between breast cancer and exposure to chemicals found in some work places, smoke and fumes from gasoline and vehicle exhaust gases.
Può a healthy diet prevent breast cancer?
Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables has consistently shown to offer protection from breast cancer. In addition, a low-fat diet appears to offer only a slight reduction in the risk of breast cancer.
A healthy diet however può to reduce the risk of other types of cancer, così as diabetes, heart disease and stroke. A healthy diet can; also help you maintain a healthy weight – a key factor in the prevention of breast cancer.
There is a link between birth control pills and breast cancer?
A number of previous studies has suggested that the contraceptive pill can slightly increase the risk of breast cancer, especially among women più young people. In these studies, however, 10 years after the suspension of the risk of breast cancer pill women’s tumors are back at the same level of that of women who have never used oral contraceptives. The current evidence does not support an increase in breast cancer with the contraceptive pill.
What else can I do?
Be vigilant about the detection of breast cancer. If you notice any changes in your breasts, such as, for example, a new change in the lump or the skin, consult your doctor. Also, ask the doctor when to begin mammograms and other screening tests.
Fibroadenoma al seno: cos’è, cause e cure
may 29, 2015