> Sterilità, as there are many couples who have this problem

But the là è, however, true that there are many, many, many, men and women for whom the conception of a son is cause for concern.

it should Be remembered that the human species is exhausted, and thereò you è due to the fact that ovulation occurs regardless of sexual intercourse.

In animals, where there is a direct connection time between the two events, every relationship has the chanceà to give a start to a pregnancy in 98-99% of cases: in the woman the “risk” of being fertilized is only 20% to 30% if intercourse occurs in the fertile period of the ovulatory cycle.

On the basis of this premise that biological is evident that it is necessary to grant a period of “test” (about 2 years of unprotected sex), before being able to define a couple substerile or sterile.

Not having any national register of sterilità in Italy it is possible to make only approximate estimates of the phenomenon. The sterilità, understood as the absence of conception after 24 months of relationship deliberately fertilizing, affecting 20.6% of the population.

as a result every year, if you consider the rate of weddings of 0.5%, you would expect from 50,000 to 70,000 couples without children. Of these, 42% (approximately 21-29.000) requires specialist advice that enables you to diagnose a significant cause of sterilità in about a quarter of the cases.

in Fact, in 78.6% of cases, the couple is sterile, but “ipofertile” or “subfertile” and that is; have difficultyà to conceive but not è precluded the possibilityà to be parents. In the remaining 21.4 per cent, the torque, instead, is sterile due to a fault of the man in 5.9% of cases) or to the woman in 15,9%.

Similar post:  Causes of stomach pain after eating

In other words: in Italy, about a hundred couples seeking to have a child, from fifteen to twenty are sterile. A valuation that comes mainly from the experience of gynecologists.

From the same experience shows that, in Italy, the sterilità the male is affected in 35% of cases, the sterilità hormonal female in 30% of cases, usually easy to resolve.

The sterilità female causes “mechanical” – mainly problems in the fallopian tubes – despite having a lower incidence (15%) requires a therapeutic approach more complex, in most cases, require assisted reproduction techniques.

In 5% of cases responsible for the sterilità è the cndometriosi; in 5% of cases, the sterilità è due to a problem of “couple”, while in about 10% of the absence of a cause is highlighted with the common investigations part of the case as a “sterilità unexplained” or “idiopathic”.

Ettore Cittadidini, Carlo Flamigni, A Child, wanting to be able to have – And. The New Italy Scientific

page last updated on June 12, 2010