The expected date of delivery, for each pregnancy, is achieved through the application of a simple formula called the “Rule of Noegle”, by adding 7 days and subtracting 3 months to the date of the last menstruation regular.
For example: last menstrual period, July 10, 10+7= 17 July, 17 July-3 months = April 17 of the following year.
rule " to add 266 days (38 weeks) to the date of coitus fertilizing if you know.
There are, however, in trade of simple calendars with which you canò to follow day after day the evolution of the pregnancy.
it is well to remember that the evolution of the pregnancy é measured in weeks of gestation, rather than in months.
The period of 2 hours after the birth é called the POST PARTUM period, while the period of 40 days after é called the PUERPERIUM.
The uterus grows in proportion to the period of gestation for which the woman herself can; check to see if the growth of your uterus corresponds to the weeks of pregnancy, for example, at 16° week the uterus emerges out of the bone of the pubis; at 20/22 weeks, it reaches the navel, at 38, the sternum, and then down a bit towards the fortieth week.
we Go to her (the suitcase of a woman in travail)
Fifteen or twenty days before the happy event " is it better to prepare the suitcase to bring in the hospital or clinical.
Every hospital or clinic forò has its own rules and requires different things to the woman that goes to give birth.
usually during birth preparation courses are given the right insights, however, in the absence of directions, provides a list of the maximum that sarà very useful.
Calculating the hospital takes an average of 3/4 day for the spontaneous delivery and 5-7 days for caesarean delivery, the suitcase will haveà contain: for moms:
- personal documents and registration of the USL; folder clinic with all the tests made and the checks that are performed;
- clothing composed così: a nightgown, preferably all buttoned up next, to use the day of birth.
- three or four shirts to use in the days following button fastening front, comfortable to breastfeed; eight to ten panties, disposable; two/three bra for breastfeeding; a panciera fastened without buttons and strings; three packs of sanitary napkins; towels or cotton towels; a pair of slippers; a dressing gown; the solution for the disinfection of the nipple; wet wipes; a toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gel, comb, and (because; no) makeup accessories.
- Cutlery, glasses, napkins, and paper plates.
Blouses, sweaters, intimate, rompers, ghettine, sweaters, shoes, wool, towel to use at the birth for the baby, diapers, absorbent full panty, disposable, wearable rubber.
the First symptoms of early labor Is very important to know the early symptoms of the beginning of the labor pains. In general, after the appearance of the first symptoms c’é a long time before giving birth, the expectant mother avrà before sé all the time that is sufficient to deal with the final preparations without haste.
I primi sintomi sono:
- the Loss of the mucous plug: at the beginning of labor, the mucus that occludes the neck of the uterus is expelled.
- Contractions uterine women feel the uterus contract pain similar to menstrual, tension, and soreness at the loins and in the hips.
- the interval between a contraction and the other (frequency), at the beginning of labor is between the 30/15 minutes.
- length contraction è 15/20 seconds and you can measure with one hand resting on the uterus.
- the Break of the bag of waters the bag of waters is the sac that contains the baby and the amniotic fluid.
The woman warns spill a white substance, thick, mucilaginous, blood-soaked; sometimes followed by the emission of a few drops of blood.
You have to keep in mind that the contractions preparatory to the birth follow one another at the beginning of each half-hour at regular intervals, then you are always più close-ups, the più intense and più long. When they start contractions, it is recommended to measure the frequency and duration of these, using a clock with the seconds hand.
The woman feels the descent into the vagina of a large amount; of hot liquid, sometimes può happen that the loss is little and should not be confused with the vaginal discharge and urine.
However, watch the diaper, one in time and smelling it not è difficult to solve the problem.
The amniotic fluid is; in fact, except for pathological events, odourless and colourless. In this latter case, is better to reach the hospital or clinic.
The advice preconcezionale
to give Birth with or without epidural?
The recommendations by the WHO for childbirth
The natural Childbirth at home
Not to give birth before 39 weeks, read because it;
umbilical Cord: when to cut?
- health pregnancy
- infectious Diseases in pregnancy
- Tests in pregnancy
- Nutrition in pregnancy
Page updated on 6/11/2005