- fertile days
- What is ovulation?
- How to calculate ovulation
pregnancy is possible only in some days of the month and that is; during the five days before ovulation up to the day of ovulation.
These six days are the ‘window fertile in the cycle of a woman, and reflect the lifespan of sperm (5 days) and the lifespan of the ovum (24 hours).
If a woman has sex six or more days before ovulation, the probability; she is pregnant is pretty much zero. If he reports five days before ovulation , the probability; of pregnancy is approximately 10%.
The probability of a pregnancy increases constantly until two days prior to and including the day of ovulation.
At the end of the ‘window fertile’, the probability of a pregnancy decreases rapidly and the 12-24 hours after you ovulate, a woman is not è più able to become pregnant during that cycle.
For those women who are not aware of their ‘window fertile or when ovulation, the report is recommended every 2 or 3 days to optimize the opportunityà to conceive.
The probability of a pregnancy increases if you have intercourse in the three days preceding ovulation , the più on the day of ovulation.
If a woman has sex on any of these three days, it has a probability; of 27-33% of getting pregnant. the data(Wilcox AJ et al. NEJM (1995) 333: 1517)
What is ovulation?
ovulation is the event that occurs when a mature egg is released from the ovary, it moves along the Fallopian tube, and is available in the Fallopian tube to be fertilized.
How to calculate ovulation
- Calculate the length of the menstrual cycle normal. The first day is the first day of the menstrual period and the last day is the day before the beginning of menstruation to the next one.
- ovulation happens about two weeks before the next menstruation. Così, if the menstrual cycle average is 28 days, ovulation will be around day 14. Of course, this is a reasoning statistical, you can’t know if the period will comeà really to the 28 day.
- Remember that ‘the fertile period’ represents the six days preceding ovulation più on the day of ovulation itself.
If you have a 28-day cycle, ovulation usually occurs on day 14, the ‘window fertile’ began the day 10. If you have cycles più long, say 35 days, ovulation occurs on the day 21, the ‘window fertile’ beginning on day 17. If you have very short cycles, say 21 days and ovulation happens on day 7, your ‘fertile window’ would start on day 3.
How do you know that you are ovulating?
you can never know with certainty, and in fact, the evaluation of ovulation is a very good system if you’re looking for a pregnancy (but do not fixate immediately, before you have relations in the serenityà!) while the news is less good if you want to avoid it. The cycles of women may vary, are not always regular as a clock.
methods to know when ovulation is about to occur are:
- Keep an eye out for changes in the mucus. Around the time of ovulation, the mucus of the vagina is clear, smooth and slippery, with the consistency of egg white. This is the best sign that announces the ovulation and it is the best time to have relations.
- Use a kit for the detection of ovulation. You canò start the test with the kit a couple of days before the expected day of ovulation. Subtract 17 days from the average duration of the cycle and start testing from this day of the cycle, for example, if you have a 28-day cycle, you should start testing from day 11. A positive result means that you are going to ovulate within the next 24 to 36 hours.
The agenda of pregnancy online the Life of the Woman
pregnancy, everything that there is to know
The first symptoms of pregnancy, are pregnant?
False menstruation, symptoms and characteristics
1 November 2014